An eye-catching front cover will help your ebook to stand out.
The book cover is the most important marketing image you will have to promote your book, so it’s important to get it right. With that in mind we consider a number of factors when designing it and coming up with concepts:
- the genre
- the intended audience
- successful competitors’ covers
- trends in your genre
- your branding as an author
- designing for a standalone book or a series
- selecting appropriate font(s)
- use of licensed images (we use images from Adobe Stock and other libraries, and we are responsible for licenses)
- use of custom photography and illustrations supplied by the author. Authors are responsible for licensing / purchase costs and must supply evidence of permission to use from the creator. Images must also be of suitable quality for publication, and we reserve the right to reject images that are, in our opinion, inappropriate.
You will be required to either complete our online book cover design form, or we can discuss over the phone so we can identify and specify the design brief. It’s essential to go through this process to design a cover that meets the needs of the book.
We will supply:
- a front cover as a printable JPG in CMYK
- a front cover JPG for web use in RGB
(CMYK denotes a file suitable for physical printing and RGB are lower resolution files suitable for viewing online. Printing an RGB file may result in colour replacement by the printer and results may be very different to expectations.)
For examples of our work, see www.wordcatcher.com.